Donate to the Mississippi Water Crisis Disaster Relief
The SECC Community Services Department has created an account code to accept donations to aid in the disaster relief efforts for the Jackson, Mississippi Water Crisis. This code can be written on a tithe envelope and is listed in Adventist Giving. The offering code is 78110. This code will be open until December 31st.
For more information or questions, please contact the SECC Community Services Department at <ahref=”tel:9515092298″>951-509-2298.
Community Services is the official community outreach ministry of the of Southeastern California Conference. ACS serves the whole person, a concept known as holistic ministry whose mission is to “serve communities in Christ’s name.”
- Expanding the scope of community services
- Building collaborative partnerships
- Integrating education in leadership development
- ACS A Quick Start Guide
- ACS Ministry Handbooks: Caregivers Ministry, Crisis Care Ministry, Elder Care Ministry (available on www.adventsource.com
- Adventist Urban Congress DVD—Transforming the City
- Adventist Preaching DVD Volume #25—Sharing the Good News in the 21st Century
- Annual Community Partnership Programs
- “Burst the Bubble: Finding Your Passion for Community Outreach,” by Sung K. Kwon ($15.99 from www.adventsource.com)
- Care Options: Family Healthcare Advisory Program
- Catalog of materials, videos, activities for churches to communicate ministries of compassion
- Community Services & Urban Ministry (CSUM) Curriculum
- E-reporting: A free web-based software that is provided for all church ministries to collect and report community outreach service data to effectively demonstrate church engagement.
- Grant Applications
- Ministry Action Kits (such as the “Community Prayer and Blessing” program, and the “My Gift for Jesus” program)
- Special programs for small groups, women’s groups, youth, classrooms and schools, and business leaders
- Videos for churches and schools
- Optional, helpful materials to purchase:
Understanding Your Community, by Monte Sahlin ($39.95 from www.adventsource.org)
Churches That Make a Difference: Reaching Your Community with Good News and Good Works, by Ronald J. Sider, Philip N. Olson & Heidi Rolland Unruh (Approximately $15.00 from www.amazon.com)